Connect with us

BOXING

Wilder vs Ortiz 2 on next month

Published

on

Manila Standard Digital

posted October 16, 2019 at 02:09 pm

https://manilastandard.net/sports/sports-headlines/308425/wilder-vs-ortiz-2-on-next-month.html

CALIFORNIA, USA — A couple of months before their much-awaited bout next year, talks about Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury’s rematch is slowly getting louder and louder.

But before their gigantic clash on February 2020, there’s still one to tick off the list for Wilder when he meets Fury for a second time to settle their stalemate the last time around.

Wilder will battle Luis Ortiz (31-1, 26 KOs) on November 23 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to set up the stage for Wilder-Fury 2.

This will come a the same month as the equally-important bout between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Sergey Kovalev for the WBO light heavyweight championship belt as the Mexican superstar Canelo is looking to further stamp his legacy with a win to capture a fourth title in as many divisions.

Meanwhile, Wilder (41-0-1, 40 KOs), is eyeing the same result against the same fighter he knocked out in brutal fashion last year.

The heavyweight blockbuster will also feature Leo Santa Cruz against Miguel Flores for the vacant WBA super-featherweight title.

Now, Wilder should do his homework at hand first before getting into the ring with Fury who dispatched with some difficulty hitherto unheralded Otto Wallin last month.

“When I fought Ortiz, not only did he have the pedigree, but also he had the classification of being the boogeyman of the division,” said the 33-year-old Wilder in an interview with the LA Times.

“I agree with those who say that Luis Ortiz was my toughest fight to date. No one wanted to fight him, and they still don’t. In the rematch, there’s more confidence and more motivation to do what I have to do. I’ve already seen the style before. It’s going to make it more fun. I can’t wait to see how he tries to handle me when I’m at my best.”

On the other hand, Ortiz says Wilder is the best in the world in their division — that is if he beats him come the 23rd of November.

“I have to give Deontay Wilder a lot of credit for taking this fight because it shows he has the heart of a true champion,” Ortiz said. “He is not at all scared to take a dangerous fight, because let’s be honest, this is the most dangerous fight for him. In my opinion, he’s the best heavyweight in the world until someone beats him, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BOXING

Israel Adesanya eager for another match with Alex Pereria

Published

on

Israel Adesanya eager for another match with Alex Pereria

The MMA world was shocked after Israel Adesanya suffered his first UFC knockout at the hand of his old kickboxing rival Alex Pereira with the former’s UFC Middleweight belt on the line.

Days after the devastating defeat, the Last Stylebender made it clear that he would seek another fight with the Brazilian fighter who had beaten him twice.

“I hope he’s the champion. I’m just saying, hypothetically, if he isn’t, I’ll still fight him.I’m crazy, bro. I can beat him,” Adesanya said at The MMA Hour.

Adesanya is hungry for revenge that it doesn’t matter whether Pereira is still the champion because his return to the Octagon will be against the current UFC middleweight champ.

AS SEEN IN BOMBO RADYO

Continue Reading

BOXING

DAVIS VS. GARCIA IS FINALLY HAPPENING

Published

on

https://www.convergeict.com/welcome-kit-v2_promos/

After two years of social media teasing, Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia appears to be
a reality.
Garcia made the announcement on Thursday that he and Davis would square off in Las
Vegas in 2023. When Davis enters the ring on January 7 to face a yet-to-be-determined
opponent, he will declare the fight “done deal.”
“I’m so pumped this fight is finally in place I want it more than anything right now,”
Garcia wrote. “I’ve put in the work, I’m at the prime of my career, and I know I’m going to
be the biggest boxer in the world. That legacy starts today.”
Davis and Garcia were praised by Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza for
their perseverance in making the bout materialize despite obstacles.
Davis is looked after by Al Haymon and Floyd Mayweather’s Mayweather Promotions,
and Showtime broadcasts his fights.
Garcia is being managed by Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions, and DAZN is
airing his fights.
The two teams have been at odds for a while, but they have finally come to an
understanding and put their differences aside to engage in combat.
According to reports, they will cooperate to stage the fight.
Both are stars in boxing at the moment and with the hype around each of them, the fight
is expected to be a blockbuster one.

Continue Reading

BOXING

Pacquiao-Mayweather 2 officially in talks?

Published

on

Pacquiao-Mayweather 2 officially in talks?

It has been made known that FLOYD MAYWEATHER is formally in discussions to face
Manny Pacquiao again in Las Vegas the following year with his record on the line.
After waiting for the two superstar adversaries to come to terms for half a decade, the
American defeated Pacquiao in 2015 over the course of 12 rounds.
But after eight years, the two boxing greats plan to resume their fight for a sequel to
their £500 million box office hit.
The negotiations between the two camps are being facilitated by Global Titans, who are
marketing Mayweather’s upcoming exhibition fight in Dubai.
We’re already working on Floyd and Manny Pacquaio, their CEO Uday Singh told
SunSport.
And a huge fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao might be announced
as early as December. A second match, not a demonstration.
After defeating former UFC champion Conor McGregor, 34, in 2017, Mayweather, 45,
decided to retire. Since then, he has fought four exhibition matches.
Additionally, he has never discussed going back to the ring to defend his pristine 50-0
record, especially versus Pacquiao, 43.
However, Mayweather’s perspective was altered after meeting Singh in Vegas prior to
his exhibition match with YouTuber Deji on November 13.
Since Manny Pacquiao was initially hesitant as well, Singh stated: “I’ve already had the
first meeting with Manny Pacquiao.
“It’s just egos, nothing else. But at the end of the day, Floyd’s a good guy, he’s a good
fighter.
“Once you’ve satisfied him with his purse, he’s happy to fight whoever. But it’s to his
interest as well, he said, ‘Why not? Let’s do it.’
“He hasn’t had a real proper fight since 2017, the last one was with Conor McGregor.”
Singh admitted he initially faced a fight to get Mayweather to agree to a pro bout
opposed to an exhibition, but won him over eventually.
He said: “Yeah, it was hard. But then again, at the end of the day he knows what people
want and he’s an entertainer.

Continue Reading

Trending