Connect with us

BOXING

Wilder vs Ortiz 2 on next month

Published

on

By Ponciano “John” Melo Jr.

posted October 16, 2019 at 02:09 pm

Manila Standard Digital

https://manilastandard.net/sports/sports-headlines/308425/wilder-vs-ortiz-2-on-next-month.html

CALIFORNIA, USA — A couple of months before their much-awaited bout next year, talks about Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury’s rematch is slowly getting louder and louder.
But before their gigantic clash on February 2020, there’s still one to tick off the list for Wilder when he meets Fury for a second time to settle their stalemate the last time around.
Wilder will battle Luis Ortiz (31-1, 26 KOs) on November 23 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to set up the stage for Wilder-Fury 2.
This will come a the same month as the equally-important bout between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Sergey Kovalev for the WBO light heavyweight championship belt as the Mexican superstar Canelo is looking to further stamp his legacy with a win to capture a fourth title in as many divisions.
Meanwhile, Wilder (41-0-1, 40 KOs), is eyeing the same result against the same fighter he knocked out in brutal fashion last year.
The heavyweight blockbuster will also feature Leo Santa Cruz against Miguel Flores for the vacant WBA super-featherweight title.
Now, Wilder should do his homework at hand first before getting into the ring with Fury who dispatched with some difficulty hitherto unheralded Otto Wallin last month.

“When I fought Ortiz, not only did he have the pedigree, but also he had the classification of being the boogeyman of the division,” said the 33-year-old Wilder in an interview with the LA Times.
“I agree with those who say that Luis Ortiz was my toughest fight to date. No one wanted to fight him, and they still don’t. In the rematch, there’s more confidence and more motivation to do what I have to do. I’ve already seen the style before. It’s going to make it more fun. I can’t wait to see how he tries to handle me when I’m at my best.”
On the other hand, Ortiz says Wilder is the best in the world in their division — that is if he beats him come the 23rd of November.
“I have to give Deontay Wilder a lot of credit for taking this fight because it shows he has the heart of a true champion,” Ortiz said. “He is not at all scared to take a dangerous fight, because let’s be honest, this is the most dangerous fight for him. In my opinion, he’s the best heavyweight in the world until someone beats him, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

Francis Ngannou cries ‘deception’ vs Anthony Joshua camp

Published

on

Francis Ngannou cries ‘deception’ vs Anthony Joshua camp

Former UFC fighter Francis Ngannou accused AJ camp of ‘trickery’ when he suffered devastating knockdowns in the first and second round last March 8, 2024 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The MMA fighter and former UFC heavyweight champion said that AJ camp sabotaged him by letting him go early in the arena.

“We both fought at 3am. What I think, something that’s happened is that they get me to the arena very early. Like my pickup time was 10.30pm to go to the arena. And then when we get to the arena, they tell us that we are scheduled around 1.45am. right?” Ngannou blurted.

He believed that he came exhausted, which resulted in his humiliating defeat.

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

Texas Department urges Mike Tyson to pass EEG, EKG tests

Published

on

Texas Department urges Mike Tyson to pass EEG, EKG tests

The 57-year old legend Mike Tyson (50 wins – 6 loss) vs 27-year old YouTuber Jake Paul (9 wins – 1 loss) must undergo major tests before the fight to materialize at AT&T Stadium in Texas Arlington on July 20, 2024.

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) urged Tyson to undergo or pass a brain test Electroencephalography (EEG) and Electrocardiogram (EKG) for the heart.

“A person aged 36 or older applying for a contestant’s license must submit a report of favourable physical testing conducted within the previous 12 months, including but not limited to an EEG and an EKG.” TDLR elaborated.

Meanwhile, the American youtuber explained that he picked Tyson because he wants to change the history of boxing. He already fought Floyd Mayweather Jr but he lost.

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

WBC, Dela Hoya warrant Ryan Garcia vs Athletic Commission

Published

on

WBC, Dela Hoya warrant Ryan Garcia vs Athletic Commission

After the controversial posts of Ryan Garcia and the alleged Mental Health evaluation request of the Athletic Commision, the World Boxing Commission (WBC) assured that they are in talks with New York State Commission (NYSC) for the April 20, 2024 bout.

Ryan Garcia (24 wins 1 loss) will clash with undefeated Devin Haney (31 wins – 0 loss) in April however, Ryan faces a number of issues. Though it may be part of marketing their fight, the fans are alarmed how Garcia is behaving in social media.

Boxing Hall of Famer, Golden Boy Promotions founder Oscar Dela Hoya said that Garcia is in great spirits in the gym.

“Don’t mind the posts, that takes like five, 10 seconds of his time. He’s working hard every single minute of the day.” he exclaimed.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaimán said that the fight is not cancelled.

AS SEEN IN BOMBO RADYO

Continue Reading

Trending