Connect with us

BOXING

Is Holyfield\’s boxing return too dangerous?

Published

on

58-year-old Evander Holyfield will venture once again into the ring for his initially endorsed battle in 10 years, as he gets set to confront previous UFC champion Vitor Belfort Saturday, Sept. 11.

They were permitting a move toward 60-contender years-old with authentic well-being worries after a very long time in the ring has been broadly considered exploitative. The worries for Holyfield have just widened after a video of the incredible fighter\’s new competing meeting was shared via social media.

Holyfield shows up perilously old and slow in the ring during the meeting, as he gets ready for an almost 15 warrior years more youthful than him.

The short notification challenge came to fruition after Belfort\’s unique adversary, Oscar De La Hoya, tried positive for Covid-19 last week. Belfort and De La Hoya were set to confine California, yet the state would not endorse a battle with Holyfield. Triller Fight Club, selling the PPV occasion for $49.99, moved the battle to Florida and enlisted previous President Donald Trump to the sideshow as an observer.

Despite advancing the battle as a massive occasion for boxing, numerous web-based media are thinking about the danger it models for Holyfield, regardless of whether it\’s incredible for the show to go on. On the off chance that the standard video of Holyfield\’s competing meeting is progressively sped, it doesn\’t look good for the previous heavyweight champ.

\”They often say, \”the pads don\’t hit back. Everybody looks good on the pads.\” Ehhhh, I beg to differ.\”

— KING (@theyknowking)

Fighters, by nature, are brave. That\’s why managers, coaches, and commissions are there to protect them from themselves. This fight shouldn\’t be happening.

— Michael (@bisping)

Evander Holyfield, a month shy of his 59th birthday, being allowed to fight is shameful. Triller went commission shopping. California said no, Florida, which has no fundamental rules, said yes. Now a man approaching senior citizen status will have his head targeted. Awful.

Holyfield-Belfort has been sanctioned as a fully regulated fight, as @MikeCoppinger reported. Holyfield, 58, has not fought since 2011. A simple conversation with w/him reveals the result of a brutal three-decade career.

If something happens, there will be blood on the commission\’s hands.

— Chris Mannix

BOXING

Fil-Brit Tiktoker Salt Papi puts the world on notice in latest boxing win

Published

on

Fil-Brit Tiktoker Salt Papi puts the world on notice in latest boxing win

A new Pinoy boxer rising? This might be the case if we’re talking about the social media influencers-turned-boxers.

Tiktoker Salt Papi was the talk of the town after his vicious knockout against Youtube sensation Josh Brueckner, a taller, bigger guy.

The Filipino-British boxer landed a perfect right hand right to the face of Brueckner in just the first round.

They served as an undercard of KSI vs. Faze Temperr.

Pro boxer and rising star Ryan Garcia was impressed by Salt Papi’s victory convincing him that the latter should next face Jake Paul.

They are both undefeated in boxing and all of their wins are via knockout.

After the victory, Salt Papi posted a video clip on his Instagram showing a comparison of his knockout to Manny Pacquiao’s iconic KO hit to Ricky Hatton.

The post received lots of comments including boxing’s only eight-division world champion himself.

Pacquiao wrote on the comment “Pwede Na” in which Salt Papi replied with a “salamat po.”

ReplyReply allForward

Continue Reading

BOXING

Jon Jones takes on Ciryl Gane in heavyweight championship

Published

on

Jon Jones takes on Ciryl Gane in heavyweight championship

In a shocking announcement, Jon Jones confirmed that he is upping his division and will fight Ciryl Gane for the UFC heavyweight world title.

The development was leaked after T-Mobile Arena displayed an ad about the fight that was later on confirmed by the former pound-for-pound UFC fighter.

“Day one of four, just a few weeks out from my first heavyweight championship against Ciryl Gane,” said Jones.

The mega-bout is expected to take place on UFC 285. Jones has been out of the Octagon for almost three years now.

“Absolutely, I’d love to have Henry [Cejudo] coaching me for this Ciryl Gane fight. Hopefully our schedules can align and we can get on the same page,”  said Jones.

“Bones” Jones at the age of 35 has a record of 26 wins, one loss, zero draw, and one no contest.

While Gane has 11 wins, one loss and zero draw.

The date of the collision has yet to be announced as of writing.

Continue Reading

BOXING

Pacquiao signs with Rizin for more exhibition bout

Published

on

Pacquiao signs with Rizin for more exhibition bout

Boxing’s only eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao is set to continue putting on the gloves as he surprisingly signed under Japan’s Rizin Fighting Federation.

The MMA promotion made it known through their social media with details that the former Philippine senator will box this year against a Japanese fighter.

He recently came back to the sport with an exhibition bout against Korean YouTuber DK Yoo.

“I have agreed with Rizin to fight next year. That date will soon be announced, and also my opponent that Rizin will choose, and I’m open and excited to fight a Japanese fighter,” Pacquiao said during his signing with Rizin.

Continue Reading

Trending