Connect with us

BOXING

Is Holyfield\’s boxing return too dangerous?

Published

on

58-year-old Evander Holyfield will venture once again into the ring for his initially endorsed battle in 10 years, as he gets set to confront previous UFC champion Vitor Belfort Saturday, Sept. 11.

They were permitting a move toward 60-contender years-old with authentic well-being worries after a very long time in the ring has been broadly considered exploitative. The worries for Holyfield have just widened after a video of the incredible fighter\’s new competing meeting was shared via social media.

Holyfield shows up perilously old and slow in the ring during the meeting, as he gets ready for an almost 15 warrior years more youthful than him.

The short notification challenge came to fruition after Belfort\’s unique adversary, Oscar De La Hoya, tried positive for Covid-19 last week. Belfort and De La Hoya were set to confine California, yet the state would not endorse a battle with Holyfield. Triller Fight Club, selling the PPV occasion for $49.99, moved the battle to Florida and enlisted previous President Donald Trump to the sideshow as an observer.

Despite advancing the battle as a massive occasion for boxing, numerous web-based media are thinking about the danger it models for Holyfield, regardless of whether it\’s incredible for the show to go on. On the off chance that the standard video of Holyfield\’s competing meeting is progressively sped, it doesn\’t look good for the previous heavyweight champ.

\”They often say, \”the pads don\’t hit back. Everybody looks good on the pads.\” Ehhhh, I beg to differ.\”

— KING (@theyknowking)

Fighters, by nature, are brave. That\’s why managers, coaches, and commissions are there to protect them from themselves. This fight shouldn\’t be happening.

— Michael (@bisping)

Evander Holyfield, a month shy of his 59th birthday, being allowed to fight is shameful. Triller went commission shopping. California said no, Florida, which has no fundamental rules, said yes. Now a man approaching senior citizen status will have his head targeted. Awful.

Holyfield-Belfort has been sanctioned as a fully regulated fight, as @MikeCoppinger reported. Holyfield, 58, has not fought since 2011. A simple conversation with w/him reveals the result of a brutal three-decade career.

If something happens, there will be blood on the commission\’s hands.

— Chris Mannix

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

BOXING

Ruiz downs Ortiz in heavyweight title eliminator

Published

on

Ruiz downs Ortiz in heavyweight title eliminator

Andy Ruiz Jr. is slowly getting back as a heavyweight title contender after dominating Luis Ortiz.

The former unified heavyweight world champion knocked down “King Kong” Ortiz thrice to win via unanimous decision.

Next in line for the boxer who had one of the greatest upsets in boxing history is to face the former WBC king Deontay Wilder.

Wilder, who has been out of the picture since being destroyed by Tyson Fury in their rematch, will make a return to face Robert Helenius before eventually fighting the Mexican Ortiz.

The Ruiz-Wilder bout is a big chance to happen as both heavyweights are under the boxing promoter Al Haymon.

“We’re always looking for great exciting fights we love to give the fans,” said Wilder, who was on ringside during the Ruiz-Ortiz clash.

“So if that’s what is lined up next, I’ve got to handle business and after that, we can get it on.”

AS SEEN IN BOMBO RADYO

Continue Reading

BOXING

KSI returns and wins two fights in one night

Published

on

KSI returns and wins two fights in one night

Famous YouTuber KSI returned to the boxing ring after some time and he announced it by dominating two fights in one night.

Olajide Olatunji, his real name, first defeated Swarmz, a Briton rapper who happened to be his friend as well. The match ended in the second round and then after several other matches, KSI stepped up once more to TKO Luis Alcaraz Pineda, a true professional boxer.

But despite these wins KSI’s pro record remains at 1-0 as both fights were not given a green light as officially-sanctioned bouts.

One of the undercards in the event was Salt Papi, a Tiktok star that is a Filipino. He won easily in his first fight with an impressive knock out.

Salt Papi became famous for his fake run videos and since then went on a fitness journey that led to his boxing debut

Continue Reading

BOXING

Philippines left with no boxing world champion

Published

on

Philippines left with no boxing world champion

2022 is not yet over but we’ve already seen the fall of our boxing world champions one
by one.
And with Mark Magsayo failing to defend his WBC featherweight belt in his first title
defense, it left the Philippines with no more current world champion in the sport.
Magsayo went through a heartbreaker with a split decision loss against Rey Vargas of
Mexico.
Rene Mark Cuarto also lost the IBF minimumweight title to another Mexican boxer
named Daniel Valladares.
Just last month, it was Nonito “The Filipio Flash” Donaire who surrendered his WBC
Bantamweight belt to the Japanese Monster Noaya Inoue, his second defeat to the now
unified bantamweight champion.
Jerwin Ancajas likewise suffered the same fate while Johnriel Casimero got his WBO
bantamweightbelt stripped from him due to violation in the weight cut guidelines.
Now, the questions afloat are who will be the next Pinoy champion? Will there be
another Pinoy champ?
With Manny Pacquiao retired from professional boxer after losing his belt as well to
Yordenis Ugas, who will be the next boxer that will give the Philippines back its pride?
Up and coming star Eumir Marcial is on the list after capturing the bronze medal in the
Tokyo Olympics. Magsayo is not off the chart as well as he is still young, it’s just a
matter of bouncing back.

Continue Reading

Trending